Here's the link for this week's Blogger Power Poll. Compare it to my votes below. And FINALLY, the rest of my fellow bloggers have joined me in putting Butler in the Top 16 teams in the country. Long long overdue.
1) Syracuse - An NCAA on-campus record crowd of 34,916 got to watch the Orange dominate Villanova and take over the #1 spot. Syracuse is now 7-0 vs. ranked teams.
2) Kansas - A hot shooting Cowboys team ended the Jayhawks attempt at an undefeated conference season. Still Kansas can clinch the regular season Big 12 title with a win at home vs. Kansas State on Wednesday.
3) Kentucky - The Wildcats loss at Tennessee denies them the opportunity to take over the #1 ranking. Kentucky still needs to concentrate on winning games vs. Georgia and Florida before SEC tournament.
4) Duke - With the Boilermakers loss, the Blue Devils are now a #1 regional seed. But they are the only ACC team in this poll. It's been a down year for the Atlantic Coast Conference.
5) Kansas State - The Wildcats have their most wins since the 1987-88 season. They have a chance for revenge at Allen Fieldhouse on Wednesday.
6) West Virginia - Big time rally vs. Cincinnati most likely dooms the Bearcats to the NIT. A win over Georgetown gives the Mountaineers two byes in the Big East Tournament.
7) Ohio State - Thanks to the Purdue loss to Michigan State, the Buckeyes can win a share of the conference title at home vs. Illinois. Ohio State has now won nine of their last ten games.
8) New Mexico - The win at BYU means the Lobos have the number one seed in the Mountain West Tournament. Steve Alford deserves Coach of the Year consideration.
9) Purdue - The Boilermakers second half shooting woes vs. Michigan State shows how much they miss Robbie Hummel. Purdue must win their next two games to gain at least a share of the Big Ten regular season title.
10) Michigan State - A week ago, the Spartans were reeling. One week later, Michigan State is feeling much better after the win at Purdue. Two winnable home games vs. Michigan and Penn State and the Spartans can share the Big Ten regular season conference title.
11) Villanova - The resounding loss at Syracuse again brings about questions of Villanova's problems vs. teams with size. The Wildcats try desperately to hold onto second place in the Big East with a road game at Cinci and home to West Virginia.
12) Butler - All Butler does is win. It's now eighteen games in a row after a win over Valpo. No Gordon Heyward. No problem. Howard, Veasley and Mack combine for 53 points in the win over the Crusaders.
13) Temple - After defeating LaSalle, the Owls are the Big Five champions after a perfect record in the series. Temple has won their last five games and remains tied for first in the A10 with Xavier.
14) Wisconsin - The Badgers win over Indiana gives them an outside chance to win at least a share of the Big Ten regular season title. But they need lots of help.
15) Vanderbilt - The Commodores come back and win in overtime at home vs. Georgia then win at Arkansas. Vandy still has a chance to share the regular season SEC conference title
16) Baylor - The Bears knock off Texas A&M and Oklahoma and are now tied for third in the Big 12. Two wins this week and Baylor has a good chance of a first round bye in the Big 12 Tournament.