Friday, March 4, 2011

Greetings from Richmond! It's CAA Tournament Time

Greetings from Richmond!  We got into our hotel room at 4:00 am this morning.  But not before we had a late night dinner at Waffle House.  OK, a late night breakfast.

Before I head out to the Friday afternoon session, I wanted to let you know that Defiantly Dutch, aka Mr. Jerry Beach, and I will be doing our annual blog swap just in time for the CAA Tournament.   Both of our stories are hush hush. However, I will say that my article for his blog will be based on an idea he gave me.

The trip to Richmond last night/this morning was quite interesting.  I had met up with Tieff in New York City where he works.  He already had my luggage from the night before, so we attempted to go from midtown Manhattan to the Prudential Center, AKA, the Rock.  Seton Hall was hosting St John's last night and as you may know, the Pirates upset the Johnnies 82-70.   That will be for a later article.

We only got to the arena a little before halftime due to a nasty accident in the Lincoln Tunnel which forced a lot of traffic to go to the Holland Tunnel where we went instead.  After an exciting game with a very wild ending where St John's coach Steve Lavin and St John's forward Justin Burrell were both ejected in separate incidents, we tried to head to a restaurant in Hoboken (Arthur's Steak Tavern).  

We never made it there due to their closing at 11:00, but we got to learn about the backstreets of Newark.  Let me tell you, there were so many potholes on those roads, it looked like the streets of Dresden after World War II.  Yes, it was that bad.   We got back to the Turnpike and hit a Waffle House off exit 109A on I-95 in Maryland.

Today is the first round of the CAA Tournament.  The afternoon session starts at noon, the evening session at 6:00 PM.  I may not be able to tweet updates, but I will write about today's action later this evening.  Follow along on CAASports.com for all the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment