Monday, February 22, 2010
Sweet 16 Blogger Poll
Here's the link to the Dagger's Poll
1) Kansas - It's all about streaks. The Jayhawks have now won 12 straight games in a row, 57 straight home wins, 15 straight vs. Colorado and seven straight road games vs. Texas A&M.
2) Kentucky- Tough road wins vs. Mississippi State and Vanderbilt have matured its mostly freshmen starting lineup.
3) Syracuse - The Orange dominate Georgetown for over twenty-seven minutes. Then Syracuse holds on for dear life against the Hoyas and escape with a big road win.
4) Purdue - The Boilermakers huge road win vs. Ohio State makes them a number one seed now.
5) Duke -The Blue Devils get a much needed road win at Miami and sole possession of first place in the ACC.
6) Kansas State - A close home win vs. Nebraska. A fifteen point win at Oklahoma. The one constant between the two games, Denis Clemente. Twenty-one vs. Nebraska, twenty-seven vs. Oklahoma.
7) West Virginia - Good week for the Mountaineers, with two wins over Providence and Seton Hall. And it was done on the offensive glass where
West Virginia had a 35-19 advantage over their two opponents
8) Villanova - Rough week for the Wildcats. Went from a one seed to now barely holding a two seed. The questions about Nova's lack of size are starting to surface.
9) Ohio State - Buckeyes bounce back from home loss to Purdue with big road win at Michigan State. In his last six games, Evan Turner has averaged 22 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists.
10) Michigan State - The loss at home to Ohio State makes it two home losses in a row for the Spartans. Michigan State has now lost four of its last six games.
11) Georgetown - Hoyas showed a lot of heart cutting a twenty-three point lead down to two against the Cuse. But they fell short.
12) Butler - It's now seventeen straight wins for the Bulldogs. And the seventeenth featured a dominant second half performance vs. a good veteran Siena team.
13) New Mexico - The hard fought win over the Air Force gives the Lobos their eleventh straight win and New Mexico's best record ever through 28 games. The showdown vs. BYU Saturday is for first place in the Mountain West.
14) Temple - The Owls win two road games during the week, including surviving an upset bid against archrival Saint Joe's. Ramone Moore is the leading scorer in both wins for Temple.
15) Pittsburgh - Huge wins at Marquette then home to Villanova put the Panthers only one game behind Nova for second place in the Big East.
16) Vanderbilt - The Commodores won a tough road game at Ole Miss, and then gave the Wildcats everything they could handle.