For the Week of February 8, 2009 - Click Here for the Blogger Power Poll.
My comments below.
1) Kansas - Ho hum, an overtime win over Colorado and a struggling win at Nebraska. Gets a little more interesting at Texas on Big Monday.
2) Syracuse - Any doubt now on who is the best team in the Big East? I didn't think so.
3) Kentucky- Imagine how good the Wildcats would be if John Wall was actually happy to play for John Calipari.
4) Villanova - Probably wished they had canceled the game due to Snowmaggedon.
5) West Virginia - Do you think the Mountaineers smell blood in the water for Monday night's showdown?
6) Purdue - As long as Kalin Lucas is out, the Boilermakers are the best team in the Big Ten.
7) Michigan State - Rough week for the Spartans and now the Big Ten is a race again.
8) Georgetown - This seems to be a weekly thing for the Hoyas. Lose on Monday, rebound big time on Saturday.
9) Duke - A good week for the Blue Devils puts them in sole possession of first in the ACC.
10) Kansas State - The Wildcats show they're the second best team in the Big 12 with road wins over Nebraska and Iowa State.
11) Wisconsin - A big week for the Badgers as they sweep the state of Michigan.
12) Butler - All they do is win - twelve in a row in fact.
13) Tennessee - Good week for Rocky Top with a road win over LSU and a 24-point beat down of the Gamecocks.
14) Ohio State - The Buckeyes are the Big Ten team hiding in the weeds waiting to pounce.
15) Texas - Wasn't it just a few weeks ago this team was number one? Four losses in six games later, the Longhorns now face the #1 Jayhawks.
16) Gonzaga - After soundly defeating rival Portland, the Zags travel across country and beat Memphis. Solid.