Monday, March 15, 2010

A Good Dilemma - Two Division I Long Island Teams Host Tournament Games...On the Same Night!

So when I found out last night that Stony Brook was HOSTING Illinois in their first round NIT matchup, due to a scheduling conflict for Illinois, I got on Stony Brook's web site and found out the tickets were going on sale at midnight. So I made up my mind to get two tickets for Tieff and me. Midnight struck, the tickets went on sale and I snapped up two tickets at midcourt reserved for the game. I thought this was great!

Later on thanks to both Jerry Beach and another friend, I was following a Chicago Basketball blog site that was following Twitter and university site feeds as far as teams getting bids to the CIT and CBI. And it noted after midnight that Hofstra had got a bid to the CBI, but was awaiting confirmation.

Then Beach tweeted "YOU'RE GOING DOWN REDZONEIUPUI!!!!" and linked to the CBI bracket. And there was Hofstra hosting IUPUI...on March 17. So before I went to sleep, I knew I had a dilemma. Had the Stony Brook tickets, but for those of you know, I have season tickets for Hofstra. But I figured Hofstra would host their game at 7:00 pm, while the Stony Brook/Illinois game started at 9:00 pm. The Hofstra Athletics site confirmed this later.

Thus I have hatched a plan that calls for watching the first half of the Hofstra game, then take the long drive to Stony Brook in time for the 9:00 pm start. So now I will call Tieff this morning with the details. Knowing him, he will be up for the two games in one night viewing. But if not...anybody interested in two tickets for Stony Brook/Illinois?

No comments:

Post a Comment