Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St Joseph's Opponent and Corrections

The St Joseph's Golden Eagles (24-3), champions of the Skyline Conference will be heading to Center Valley, PA on Thursday, March 5th to take on home team DeSales University, champions of the Freedom Conference in the first round of the NCAA Division III Tournament. The winner of that game takes on Ithaca (24-2), in the second round on Saturday, March 7th in Ithaca, NY. Ithaca, the former number one ranked team in the Division III East Region and ranked 8th in the country by D3hoops.com, has a first round bye.

The team that St Joseph's beat, Farmingdale State, also made the tournament as an at-large. They will be taking on New England on March 5th in the first round of the tournament at Rhode Island College, with the winner to face the winner of Rhode Island College, ranked 17th in the country by D3hoops and MIT on March 7th. Yes, MIT has a basketball team and a good one at that. The Engineers won their first ever NEWMAC championship and earned an automatic berth into the DIII tournament. Who says us computer geeks can't play ball!

I want to thank one of my readers, Evan Jones for noting the following in my previous article.

1) It's Rashad Chase, not Rashard Chase.
2) Larry Sanders had 14 points against Georgia State.
3) And Hofstra played SUNY Old Westbury not Farmingdale State. I wish they had played Farmingdale State, the regular season Skyline Champ. The win might have looked better. :-)

Thanks Evan. I appreciate you reading the blog and please keep correcting me. I like being accurate and I hate mistakes like the above. :-)

Just to let you all know, my son Jonathan's surgery went well yesterday. The big lug, as I call him is resting, albeit a little sore, at Scheiner's Children's hospital. Wanted to thank everyone for the warm wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment